Grilled Shrimp ~ Po’ Boy October 12, 2014
In this video, I show you how to make a easy and delicious “Grilled Shrimp” Po-Boy! Traditionally, shrimp po-boys in the New Orleans, and surrounding areas, including where I live on the Gulf Coast, the shrimp po-boy normally consist of fried shrimp, but times are changing, and if you want a great alternative to the fried shrimp version, then give this a go, because it is amazingly delicious! The Creole mustard used in the Cajun Aioli may not be available in your area, but you can buy it from Amazon.com by clicking here: http://amzn.to/1CW4IkQ
The Video Gear I use:
Main Camera_1: Canon HF G40 http://amzn.to/2bSgk
Main Camera_2: Canon HF G30 http://amzn.to/2c6F6Mz
New Camera for special shots: DJI Phantom 4 Drone http://amzn.to/2c0XB2q
Still Photography: http://amzn.to/2cuJynf
Still Photography Lense: http://amzn.to/2c7MrMv
Underwater camera: http://amzn.to/2cuIAas
Main Mic: http://amzn.to/2cuIZKl
Shotgun Mic: http://amzn.to/2c6FWc7
Audio Recorder: http://amzn.to/2ciCpai
To visit the Grill Dome website, just click this link: http://www.grilldome.com
Please go over and check out Grill Dome’s FaceBook page, and give em a like! https://www.facebook.com/grilldome
Don’t forget to sign up to Grill Dome’s weekly newsletter for a weekly recipe, and specials http://bit.ly/Grill_Dome_News
Also, please go over and subscribe to the Grill Dome YouTube channel for some excellent video recipes, and a ton of information on their Grill Dome kamado grills: https://www.youtube.com/user/grilldome
Download our Smoky Ribs app here: http://smokyribs.mobapp.at/landing/De…
FOR CAJUN SEASONING
Kosher salt 1 Tablespoon
Cayenne pepper 1 Tablespoon
Paprika 2 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Granulated garlic 2 Tablespoon
Granulated onion 1 Tablespoon
White pepper 1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Oregano 1 Tablespoon
Ground thyme 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Cracked black pepper 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Mayonnaise 1 Cup (16 tbs) (Hellman’s)
Creole mustard 1 Tablespoon
Lemon juice 2 Tablespoon
Diced garlic 2 Tablespoon
Hot sauce 1 Teaspoon
Green onion 1 , chopped
Shrimp 6 Pound, headed, peeled, deveined, washed
Olive oil 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Lemon juice 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Honey 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
FOR OTHER INGREDIENTS
French bread 12
Lettuce 1 Pound
Tomatoes 4 , sliced
1. Mix together kosher salt, cayenne pepper, pepper, granulated garlic, granulated onion, white pepper, oregano, thyme and cracked black pepper together to prepare cajun seasoning. Set it aside.
2. In a separate bowl, take mayonnaise, creole mustard, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning, diced garlic, hot sauce and green onion. Mix to combine everything well. Put a saran wrap over the bowl and place the aioli in the refrigerator until required.
3. Prepare the marinade by mixing together olive oil, 1/2 cup cajun seasoning, lemon juice, honey and mix everything well. Dump the shrimp in the marinade and mix it through. Let it sit it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
4. Fire the grill dome for cooking. Set the temperature to 450 F.
5. Skewer the shrimp leaving a little gap in between each shrimp. Season the shrimp with the cajun seasoning.
6. Place the shrimp on the grill dome and let them grill. Flip and grill them on both sides. Set the shrimps on the side.
7. Grill the french bread, spread the aioli on the bread. Layer with lettuce and tomatoes. Top with the grilled shrimp. Put the other half of the bread on top. Press it down. SERVING
8. Slice and serve the po boys. Enjoy.
Things You Will Need
Difficulty Level: Medium
Course: Main Dish
Restriction: High Protein
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ready In: 50 Minutes
You can also connect with me on FaceBook & Twitter!
“Music courtesy of Audio Network
Grill Dome provided this product for review purpose at no charge and without stipulation, nor has “Smoky Ribs” received any compensation for using their products.”
We Appreciate Our Sponsors